Register to vote
In order to register to vote, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be 18 years of age by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote.
- Live at your present address at least 30 days before an election.
- Not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction.
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
You can use this form to:
- Register to vote in New York State. You must register at least 25 days prior to an election to be eligible to vote in that election.
- Change your name and/or address.
- Enroll in a political party.
- Change your enrollment. All changes of party enrollment go into effect once a year. They must be filed 25 days prior to the general election and will go into effect seven days after the general election of that year.
For more information, visit the New York State Board of Elections.